Are you looking for a renowned Ice cream franchise? Are you already owning an Ice Cream Outlet? Then, this blog is for YOU! What if we told you that you were missing out on the opportunity to expand your business in this industry for not exploring this franchise?
In this article, we’ll dive deep into the Cold Stone Creamery business with capital requirements, fee, profit, and step-by-step guidelines to get this franchise – and answer some common questions about the chain.
- Brand: Cold Stone Creamery
- Founded: 1988
- Locations: 1500+ Worldwide
- Franchise Fee: $12,000 – $27,000
- Royalty Fee: 6%
- Ad Royalty Fee: 3%
- Net Worth: $250,000
- Available liquidity: $120,000
- Agreement Period: 10 Years, Renewable
- Total Initial Investment: $53,200 – $580,650
Table of Contents
Overview of Cold Stone Creamery Franchise
Founded in 1988 by Donald and Susan Sutherland in Tempe, Arizona, Cold Stone Creamery is one of the oldest and fastest-growing ice cream franchises, beloved by millions of customers in America and around the world.
Additionally, having expertise of over 34 years, an endless combination of freshly made Ice cream, and a loyal customer base has allowed the chain to grow to several locations in the US and multiple markets.
“In recent times, Cold Stone Creamery is rolling out a development initiative to expand its outlets across the globe in the coming years. The chain is actively seeking aspiring entrepreneurs with a passion for ice cream and the customer in-store experience to bring the Cold Stone Creamery outlet to new communities at home and abroad”.
Are you the one with strong passion and necessary entrepreneurship skills? If yes, then continue reading.
We will offer comprehensive and well-researched information regarding the Cold Stone Creamery chain, along with its price, fees, profit margin, and—most importantly—the reason “Why“ you need it.
You may also like:
Does Steak and Shake Franchise Really Cost $10000? – Steak and Shake
Key facts about Cold Stone Creamery
|1||Trade Name||Cold Stone Creamery|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||Donald and Susan Sutherland|
|5||Corporate Headquarters||Tempe, Arizona|
|6||Number of locations||Over 1500 locations|
|9||Service offering||Ice creams, Frozen Yogurts|
Why Start a Cold Stone Creamery Franchise?
Starting a Cold Stone Creamery outlet can offer numerous advantages for the aspiring entrepreneurs looking to open their own business with a minimum investment. Additionally, we have mentioned a few major reasons to opt for this franchise;
- Low Startup costs:
- The franchise requires relatively low startup costs as compared to the other food chains, making it accessible to a wider range of entrepreneurs.
- As a franchises, you become a part of a rapidly growing community who can help you grow with their extended support and networking systems.
- Proven Business Model:
- One of the key reasons for any business/ franchise success, and Cold Stone Creamery is no exception to that.
- You may have benefits is the ability to tap into a proven business model and established brand.
- It has a reputation of serving delicious ice creams and a loyal customer base, which can help drive traffic to your franchise.
- Training and Marketing Support:
- Interested applicants will receive ongoing assistance and guidance in areas such as operations, marketing, and customer service to help ensure the success of their business.
- Bulk Buying Power:
- Cold Stone Creamery also offers franchisees the advantage of buying products at a discounted rate, which can help increase their profits.
- Flexible franchise preferences:
- Cold Stone Creamery offers flexible franchise models such as a traditional store, a non-traditional store, a mobile unit, or even an international franchise.
You may also like:
Start a Kung Fu Tea Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Kung Fu Tea
How much does a Cold Stone Creamery franchise cost?
The franchise fee or Total Initial setup cost for Cold Stone Creamery will depend on the proposed model chosen. One can either apply for a Traditional, Non-Traditional store, or a Mobile Unit through their platform.
Nonetheless, To Start a Cold Stone Creamery franchise, one would at least require an initial investment of $53,200 – $580,650 with a floor area between 350 sq. ft to over 1000 sq. ft.
Cold Stone Creamery Franchise Fee
The franchise fee for Cold Stone Creamery is $12,000 – $27,000. Furthermore, to qualify financially, franchise candidates and their partners/investors should have a minimum net worth of $250,000 with available liquidity of $120,000.
Additional Cost for Cold Stone Creamery
Typically, to run and maintain a CSC outlet, one must adhere to their standards and are liable to pay a few additional costs such as Royalty fee, advertisement fee, maintenance fee, and a few other investments.
The on-going royalty fee for Cold Stone Creamery is 6% and ad royalty fee is 3% of the monthly gross sales.
|Type of Fee||Cost and Other Details|
|Franchise Fee||$12,000 – $27,000|
|Ad Royalty Fee||3%|
|Agreement Period||10 Years, Renewable|
|Total Initial Investment||$53,200 – $580,650|
You may also like:
Start a Dutch Bros Franchise – Cost, Fee, and Profit – Dutch Bros
Is Shake Shack Franchise Profitable? – Shake Shack
What are the different Cold Stone Creamery Franchise opportunities available?
Cold Stone Creamery offers various franchise opportunities for you to own your own Ice Cream business and build a rewarding career. Some of the opportunities available include:
- Traditional Store:
- One of the most popular option, where you’ll open a Cold Stone Creamery store in a traditional retail location.
- Can be a great option for those who have experience in business management and have the ability to invest in a storefront.
- Non-Traditional Store:
- Great for entrepreneurs, looking for a more flexible and less expensive way to own a Cold Stone Creamery outlet.
- Stores can be located in airports, universities, and other non-traditional locations.
- Mobile Unit:
- The chain also offers a mobile unit franchise opportunity, which allows you to take the ice cream directly to customers at events such as fairs, festivals, and other gatherings.
- Co-Brand Franchise:
- Offers an opportunity to co-brand with other brands, and allows you to offer a variety of products and services under one roof.
- International Franchise:
- Offers an opportunity for interested prospects to bring the brand to their country. If you are the first one to take this internationally, then you need to go with the master franchise concept.
Above listed opportunities involves your own set of requirements and costs, so it does requires a little bit of extensive research from your side as well and choosing the one that’s right for you.
You may also like:
Start a Creams franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Creams
Start A Peter Piper Pizza Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Peter Piper Pizza
Is Cold Stone Creamery franchise Profitable?
It can be really difficult to say exactly how profitable a Cold Stone Creamery outlet can be in your location, as it depends on several factors such as location, market competition, and your business management skills.
However, considering the Cold Stone Creamery’s brand value and its reputation for delicious ice cream creation makes it an attractive and viable business opportunity for everyone, and one can anticipate a good profit margin by owning this Ice Cream franchise.
It certainly depends on the franchisee’s ability to effectively operate and manage their store, and it includes right from controlling expenses, inventory management, and above all providing the best customer service.
What does it require to Start a Cold Stone Creamery Franchise?
Cold Stone Creamery Franchise requirements are listed below;
- Financial requirements:
- The initial investment for a Cold Stone Creamery ranges from $53,200 to $580,650, with a $12,000 – $27,000 franchise fee. Additionally, you will need to have liquid assets of at least $120,000.
- Passion to Work in Ice Cream Industry:
- Interested franchisees should have passion to work in the Food and Beverages industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a CSC outlet.
- Training and support:
- Franchisees are expected to undergo a comprehensive training program that includes both classroom and on-the-job training.
- Location Matters:
- The franchise requires its franchisees to open their outlets in high-traffic areas, such as shopping centers or malls. However, the company does provide necessary support to find one.
- Agreement term:
- The initial term of the franchise agreement is 10 years, with the option to renew for an additional 10 years.
- Royalty fee and agreement term:
- Franchisees will be liable to pay a royalty fee of 6% on gross sales with a renewable franchise agreement for 10 years.
However, We recommend visiting the Cold Stone Creamery website and speaking with a representative for more detailed and up-to-date information.
You may also like:
Start a Chicken Salad Chick Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Chicken Salad Chick
Start a Rocket Fizz Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Rocket Fizz
How to Get a Cold Stone Creamery Franchise?
To open a franchised Cold Stone Creamery outlet, you need to follow the below steps;
- Learn more about the Ice Cream Industry, and visit their official website to understand their business model and other necessary stuff.
- Contact the Franchise Department:
- After research completion, contact the Cold Stone Creamery’s Franchise Department to request more information and start the application process.
- Submit an Application:
- Fill in the required details and submit the franchise application. Once the franchise reviews your application, conducts a background check to yours qualification as a franchisee.
- If your application is accepted, you will be invited to an in-person or phone interview with a representative from Cold Stone Creamery.
- Attend Training:
- If your interview is successful, you will be required to attend a training program provided by Cold Stone Creamery.
- Sign Agreement:
- Once you have completed training, you will sign a franchise agreement and pay the franchise fee.
- Find a Location:
- Cold Stone Creamery will help you find a suitable location for your store.
- Open your Store:
- After finding a location, you will work with Cold Stone Creamery to open your store.
It is important to note that this process can take several months to complete, and that requirements and process may vary depending on the location and other factors. It is recommended to visit the Cold Stone Creamery website and speak with a representative for more detailed and up-to-date information.
How to Start a Cold Stone Creamery franchise in India?
Irrespective of country, the steps to own a Cold Stone creamery outlet remains same as stated above. To bring this franchise in your country, you need to visit their official website and navigate to international opportunities section and fill in the required details and submit the form.
Additionally, Cold Stone Creamery franchise cost in India will cost anywhere between Rs. 30 lacs to Rs. 50 lacs. The franchisee will be liable to pay a royalty fee of 6%.
|Official Website||Get Started|
|Franchise Form||Get this Franchise|
|International Opportunity||Fill up this Form|
Started in 1988 by Donald and Susan Sutherland, Cold Stone Creamery is one of the largest, rapidly growing, and well established Ice Cream chains that cater to a wide range of delicious menu items, such as Ice Creams, Frozen Yogurts, Cakes, Pies, Cake Sandwiches, Shakes, Smoothie, and much more.
Currently, It boasts more than 1500 locations worldwide, that helped the chain to acquire a significant market share in the food industry.
However, Its expertise of over 3 decades, affordable pricing, best-in-class service, customer experience, social media presence, uninterrupted supply chain, low startup cost, and robust outlet network aids as an extra advantage for the new franchisee unit holder.
With an Initial investment of $53,200 – $580,650, Cold Stone Creamery chain may offer an outstanding profit margin to its stakeholders and one may anticipate an exceptional profit margin with this franchise. But ya, don’t miss out the opportunity to do proper market research for your outlet.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the Ice Cream industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity from a Multinational chain, then you can start a Cold Stone Creamery franchise. With its immense legacy, expertise, and robust supply chain, one may experience stable and steady growth in their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with Cold Stone Creamery!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
Want to explore more? Then check out below franchising opportunities.
Tea & Café Franchise, Home Improvement Franchise, and F & B Franchise
How much does it cost to start a Cold Stone Creamery franchise?
Ans: To Start a Cold Stone Creamery outlet, one would certainly require an investment of $53,200 – $580,650. This investment includes franchise fees, equipment costs, marketing fees, and other necessary expenses.
How much does a Cold Stone Creamery owner make?
Ans: Considering the brand expertise, affordable pricing, varieties in menu, robust supply chain, Low startup cost, and a loyal customer base, one may anticipate an exceptional profit margin.
How much does Cold Stone Creamery charge in royalties?
Ans: Cold Stone Creamery charge a royalty fee of 6% from their franchisee partner.
How long is the term of a Cold Stone Creamery franchise agreement?
Ans: To Interested applicants, Cold stone creamery offers a franchise program to open and operate their outlet for a renewable agreement period of 10 years.
How long does it take to open a Cold Stone Creamery franchise?
Ans: The entire franchising process includes several steps to become an approved outlet holder, and it can take up to months to complete the process.