Have you been searching to partner with the best pizza franchise available in your city? Do you own any other franchise and are not happy with its profit margin? Do you wish to venture into one of the renowned pizza houses?
If “yes”, then you might be curious to discover more about MOD Pizza, which has been growing at a rapid pace and positioning itself as a prominent brand.
In this post, we’ll cover a detailed article on the Mod Pizza Franchise, including its capital requirements, cost, profit, and step-by-step guidelines to get this franchise – and answer some common questions about the chain.
- Brand: Mod Pizza
- Founded: 2008
- Key People: Scott and Ally
- Industry: Food & Beverages
- No. of outlet: 500+
- Area served: US and Canada
- Franchise Fee: $30,000
- Royalty Fee: 5%
- Ad Royalty Fee: 3%
- Initial Investment: $714,000 to $1,092,000
Table of Contents
Overview of MOD Pizza Franchise
Founded in 2008 by entrepreneurs Scott and Ally Svenson in Seattle, MOD Pizza is one of the fast-casual pizza restaurant chains that specializes in offering a wide range of unique and customizable pizza experiences.
Started with a mission to create a new kind of pizza place that can offer both fast and affordable food options, but also allow customer to create their own pizzas with unlimited toppings has helped MOD Pizza to build a strong community and a loyal customer base for their products.
Currently, the MOD pizza that stands for “Made On Demand” is one of the rapidly growing fast-food restaurant chains in the US, with more than 500+ locations across the United States and Canada.
The chain started its franchising opportunities in 2013 and is most popular for its commitment to fresh, quality ingredients, and for its focus on giving back to local communities through various charitable initiatives.
You may like:
Mellow Mushroom Franchise Opportunities – Apply, Cost & Profit – Mellow Mushroom
Start a Whataburger Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Whataburger
Key Facts on MOD Pizza
|1||Trade Name||MOD Pizza|
|2||Industry||Food & Beverages|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||Scott and Ally Svenson|
|6||Number of locations||500+ Outlets|
|7||Area served||Across the US & Canada|
|9||Menu offering||Variety of customized Pizzas|
with unlimited toppings
|10||Revenue||$ 398 Million in 2019|
You may like:
How to Get a Golden Chick Franchise? – Cost & Profit – Golden Chick
Start a #1 Fastest Growing Teriyaki Madness Franchise – (Cost + Fee) – Teriyaki Madness
How to Start a Blaze Pizza Franchise? – Alternatives, Cost, & Profit – Blaze Pizza Franchise
Why Consider Owning a MOD Pizza Franchise?
- “MOD”ness culture:
- It is one of the key factor that sets MOD pizza apart from other chains. This culture is based on the idea of inclusivity and positivity.
- It is certainly reflected in the company’s commitment, which hires people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Customizable food options:
- As a franchisee, you may leverage the brand’s unique-styled and customizable pizza that may help you in garnering and serving a wider audience.
- Training and support:
- Interested franchise prospects may also get benefit from brand’s proven business model and successful track record of operating its outlets.
- Their extensive training program may provide enough insight on company’s operation and day-to-day task.
- Affordability and varieties:
- With over a wide range of customizable pizza varieties and its competitive prices has allowed the MOD to become one of the most beloved pizza franchises in the American’s market.
You may also like
Start a Tropical Smoothie Cafe Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Tropical Smoothie
Wawa Franchise Opportunities – Does it sell? Cost & Profit – Wawa Franchise
How Much Does A MOD Pizza Franchise Cost?
The franchise fee or Total Initial setup cost for the MOD Pizza chain will depend on the proposed geographical locations and chosen franchise model.
Nonetheless, To start a MOD Pizza franchise, one would at least require an initial investment of $714,000 to $1,092,000 and may be a dedicated floor area of min 2000-2500 square feet to set up a brick-and-mortar retail space.
Additionally, The above-mentioned initial investment for MOD Pizza business does cover the expenses or fee such as Franchise fees, Marketing Fees, Equipment, and other necessary fees.
How much is the MOD Pizza Franchise Fee?
The franchise fee for MOD Pizza is $30,000. Furthermore, Interested candidates should also meet the minimum financial requirement of at least Net Worth of $2 Million and at least $1 Million in liquid assets.
Additional Cost for MOD Pizza
Typically, to run and maintain a MOD Pizza location, one must adhere to their standards and are liable to pay a few additional costs such as Royalty fee, advertisement fee, maintenance fee, and a few other investments.
The on-going royalty fee for MOD Pizza location is 5% and ad royalty fee is 3% of the monthly gross sales.
|Type of Fee||Cost & Other details|
|Ad Royalty Fee||3%|
|Leasehold Improvements||$303,000 – $478,000|
|Interior decor and Improvement||$258,000 – $338,000|
|Net Worth||$ 2 Million|
|Required liquid capital||$1 Million|
|Grand Opening Charges||$10,000|
|Total Initial Investment||$714,000 to $1,092,000|
You may also like
How Much Does MOD Pizza Franchise Profit Margin make?
Undoubtedly, MOD Pizza has gained a massive following by offering its delectable and tasty range of customizable pizza, and with relatively moderate startup cost, MOD Pizza may provide a prominent space of more growth and better profit margin to its entrepreneurs.
Nevertheless, considering its nationwide presence with more outlets in company’s hand, a wide range of exotic menu, extensive training support, best-in-class marketing strategy, moderate startup cost, a MOD Pizza outlet owner can expect to make an average net profit of 12-18%.
What does it require to Start a MOD Pizza Outlet? | Eligibility Criteria
To own a franchise, you might have to meet the certain requirements. However, we have enlisted a few major MOD Pizza franchise requirements for your reference;
- First and most important – One should be financially well-qualified and have good credit to start a MOD Pizza location, and should be ready to invest minimum $714,000 to $1,092,000.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the MOD Pizza business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested applicants must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by the MOD’s team.
- Applicant should be hard-working and dedicated to being heavily involved during the early stages of their new venture with Mod Pizza.
- Interested franchisees should have passion to work in the Food and Bakery industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a Mod Pizza outlet.
You may also like:
Why Crumbl Cookies Franchise Worth Investing? – Apply, Cost, & Profit – Crumble Cookies
The Scooter’s Franchise: Exploring the Cost and Profit – Scooter’s Franchise
Is MOD Pizza a Franchise?
Absolutely yes. Mod Pizza is one of America’s most popular and renowned pizza houses that specialize in offering a a wide range of customized pizza with unlimited toppings. The chain was founded in 2008 and started offering franchising in 2013.
Currently, it boasts over 500+ locations across the US and Canada, while more than 420+ locations are company-held and remaining are owned and operated by franchisee.
How to Apply for a MOD Pizza Franchise?
Becoming a MOD Pizza outlet owner requires an investment on little higher side that may offers an impressive gross profit margin. Additionally, the MOD chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
One can avail this franchise using below mentioned steps;
- Visit its official website and navigate to the franchising sections;
- Fill in the details like Name, Email ID, Phone Number, Address details, Market Interest, Approximate net worth and liquid capital, and other necessary info.
Submit the form and you may get response from the MOD team in a few days.
Final Takeaway – Summary
MOD Pizza is one of the popular franchising options available in the US that has over 500+ outlet present across the country.
With an Initial investment of $714,000 to $1,092,000, the MOD Pizza chain may offer an outstanding profit margin to its stakeholders and one may anticipate an exceptional gross profit margin and a net profit margin of 12-18%.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the Food and Beverages industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity with moderate investment, then you can start a Mod Pizza outlet in your city.
With its immense legacy, expertise, bulk purchasing power, and robust support model, one may experience stable and steady growth in their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with MOD Pizza!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
You may like:
Start a Panda Express Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Panda Express
Start A Peter Piper Pizza Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Peter Piper Pizza
[Ultimate Guide]Can you Own a Chipotle Franchise? – Cost & Profit – Chipotle Franchise
How much does it cost to buy a Mod Pizza Franchise?
Ans: The total initial investment for MOD Pizza may vary depending on the chosen model and outlet’s geographical location. However, A minimum investment required to setup a Mod Pizza Outlet may cost approximately $714,000 to $1,092,000, which includes a franchise fee of $30,000.
Is Mod Pizza Franchise Profitable?
Ans: Without a doubt, the investment for Mod Pizza should be considered for long term, and with its high investment value and relatively moderate sales figures, one may need to wait for 7-9 years to recoup their investment.